two articles about ocean and answer questions about them
Learning Goal: I’m working on a english question and need guidance to help me learn.
1. Describe five ways her students have averted CO2. Look through the different ways to reduce CO2 and look at the calculations in 2013 final report posters https://cobblab.eas.gatech.edu//energy/crc_2013.html (Links to an external site.)
2. How do you feel about the calculations?
3. Pick at least one way to avert CO2 from 2012, 2013, and 2015 that you found interesting and might want to implement for your upcoming project.
4. Are there items that you were not aware of or items that you already knew? If so, discuss them.
5. How is the increase in carbon dioxide affecting the ocean/marine organisms negatively? Describe three ways.
Click on the following link: https://drawdown.org/solutions/table-of-solutions (Links to an external site.)
Click on scenario 1 to rank the solutions by size (largest at the top). https://drawdown.org/solutions/health-and-education (Links to an external site.)
- What is the rank of Health and Education?
- How many gigatons of CO2 equivalent can be averted (Reduced/sequestered) by the global health and education?
- Discuss the top ranked solutions that were surprising to you. Did you already know that these were great contributors to increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations? Why or why not?
Below are additional resources that you can use for this assignment:
Science News-What lifestyle changes will shrink your carbon footprint the most?
Other optional websites
Optional-Apply to the Carbon Challenge in the summer and win up to $2000. Must apply by Friday, May 22-https://www.carbonreductionchallenge.org/ (Links to an external site.)