Learning Goal: I’m working on a marketing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- Read the Marketing News article available on both LiveText and iTunesU, titled “https://www.ama.org/publications/MarketingNews/Pages/mind-reading-tools-predict-consumer-behavior.aspx (Links to an external site.)Answer the following questions:
- Why is the use of an Electroencephalogram (EEG) important in studying consumer decision making? What does the EEG reveal that traditional self-reports cannot?
- Discuss how other biometric tools complement neuroscientific research, in the study and prediction of consumer behavior.
- Why is there opposition or skepticism toward these methods of marketing research? Explain.
- How much brain activity goes on during exposure to an advertisement?
- As crazy as all of this sounds (even the course!), why (or how) does it all actually work? Explain.