Learning Goal: I’m working on a statistics question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Make sure to complete the SPSS lab assignment for this week first, then work on the homework. The homework applies the skills you learned in the lab with a different data set. Especially as you are working on these specific hypothesis tests, it will be increasingly important to refer to the lab for this module for guidance on how to approach the homework assignment.
- Download the homework data
- Choose variables from this data set that meet the requirements for the independent samples t-test.
- Write out the null and alternative hypotheses appropriate for this test.
- Test the assumptions for the independent samples t-test and demonstrate whether the data meet the assumptions.
- Conduct the test and interpret the results. What did you find?
**Note: Make sure to put your work into 1 single Word document that you will submit for this assignment. Include your answers to the questions AND the SPSS output in the Word document that you submit.
SPSS Homework Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAccuracy||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization||
|Total Points: 10|