You will conduct an analysis of your organization with the goal of creating a plan.
Learning Goal: I’m working on a business multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Organization Development is a planned change discipline concerned with applying behavioral science knowledge and practice to help organizations achieve greater effectiveness. In this course, you will conduct an analysis of your organization with the goal of creating a plan to improve an aspect of your organization’s performance. Each unit will build on the previous complete to achieve the goal.
In Unit 7, you outlined the recommendations and implementation strategies to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
For your Unit 8 Complete assignment, you will explore the changes needed to sustain the improvement of the organization’s effectiveness. Write a narrative essay (minimum 1500 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and Attend sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format. Upon completion, papers should be posted to the Unit eight Dropbox for grading.
- Present the specific recommendation or change to be implemented and describe the proposed course of action to ensure successful implementation.
• Identify and describe the impact of implementing your recommendation is likely to have or could have on other organizational departments. Are there potential side effects that could negatively affect other departments or individual ability to perform? If you anticipate a specific side effect on another process or another department, address why you believe that your recommendations should still be implemented.
• Create an Executive Summary Report to include the following:
- Policy changes – should there be any changes to existing policy and why?
- Timing – is there an ideal time to launch? Are there phases to be launched incrementally and why? How long would the complete implementation take? (end of week, month, quarter, or first of the year – why?)
- Human Resource – will there be a need for additional or fewer employees?
- Budget – how much will your recommendation cost before being fully implemented? Are there potential increases in revenues or profits? What are they?
- What other considerations should you address?