Unit 3: Power, Conflict and Workplace Diversity
- Pick an ethical or legal issue in nursing leadership. You may use any of the subjects discussed in prior units or select an issue which is of significance nationally.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation detailing this issue. Include background information, why this is an issue, the role of the leader in managing this issue, and proposed solutions.
- Identify an ethical or legal issue in nursing, describe background information, and detail why the issue exists.
- Identify an ethical or legal issue in nursing, identify the roles of the leader in managing the issue, and describe multiple proposed solutions.
- This is to be a 20 slide presentation.
- Add presenter notes to the slide to enhance the content of the slides, as if you were presenting to a group, and this is your script.
- In PowerPoint, access “notes view” to see the presenter notes boxes.
- Slides should not contain paragraphs of narrative. They should contain only bullet points or brief explanations.
- The longer narratives go in your presenter notes.
- Speaker’s notes content will be graded under the “content” sections of the rubric.
- Lack of speaker’s notes will significantly affect the grades in those areas.
- Create a reference slide and put all references used in the presentation.
- 4-5 references are required.
- Include citations on the slides.